Rick Ross Cancels Tour; Youtube Gang Video Led to North Carolina Tour Cancellation?
Rick Ross canceled the remainder of his MMG Tour.
Rick Ross cancelled his upcoming tour in dates in North Carolina due to threats from gangs and issues with his promoter.
The scheduled cancellations in N.C. were likely due to security and safety reasons, but the rapper said it was due to his promoters.
Ross and his associates at the Maybach Music Group made the announcement abruptly last week.
"I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities," Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com on Friday. "I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I'm ready to get back in the studio to make good music."
Ross made a specific mention to performances scheduled in North Carolina that was canceled and took to Twitter on Friday to blame the tour's promoters when he wrote, "North Carolina I wuz so excited to perform tomorro wit #MMG Promoters cancelled show but I'll be Back ASAP. #luv"
The rapper was scheduled to make appearances in Charlotte and Greensboro, N.C.
According to MTV , the real reason the N.C concerts were reportedly cancelled was due to threats from a gang called the Gangster Disciples. The street gang had problems with the rapper after he name-dropped the group's chairman Larry Hoover in the chorus of his 2010 hit single "B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast)."
The gang posted a video on YouTube to voice their complaints.
The MMG tour is scheduled to run up until Dec. 16 with a performance in New York. Other cities that were a part of the tour include Memphis, Houston, and Detroit.
Ross's tour consisted of members of his MMG group, including Meek Mill, Wale and Machine Gun Kelly.