Royal Update: Prince William 'Denies' Report That He Disapproved Prince Harry's Statement About Meghan Markle [VIDEO]
Prince William on Saturday, November 26 issued a statement denying report that he disapproves of Prince Harry's statement about Meghan Markle.
Prince William issued a statement on Saturday, November 26, denying reports that he was unhappy with Prince Harry's decision to release a statement confirming his relationship with Meghan Markle earlier this month.
It was reported earlier this week that Prince William was concerned about his brother's statement on Ms. Markle as it served to fuel speculation on how serious he is about the Suits actress. Although the Daily Mail said Prince William thought the statement confirming the romance rumors was a mistake.
According to US Magazine, Prince Harry on November 8, decided to speak up against reporters who were harassing and making scurrilous claims about Markle and her family. A Kensington palace statement, stated that the Prince is worried about Meghan safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her.
Prince Harry Feels it is not right that few months into a relationship with him that she should be subjected to such a storm. He ultimately decided to speak out because of the scale of character assassination and the level of harassment that Meghan had to endure since news of their relationship first broke in late October.
According to People, the spokesperson for Kensington Palace said:"The Duke of Cambridge absolutely understands the situation concerning privacy and supports the need for Prince Harry to support those closest to him."
A source close to the royal family told Telegraph that Prince Williams was as alarmed as anyone about what was happening to Meghan, the source stated that no one wanted to have to put that statement out including Prince Harry and there was concern about confirming the relationship. But on that fateful weekend, things escalated to the extent that Prince Harry felt he will be right to act.
The palace, in the confirming the relationship between Harry and Meghan stated that Meghan have been subject to a wave of abuse and harassment, both publicly and privately. Public abuses include the racial undertones of comment pieces, the smear on the front page of a national newspaper and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments.
Others abuses have been hidden from the public including that of her mother having to struggle past photographers in order to get to her front door, attempts of reporters and photographers to gain illegal entry to her home and the calls to police that followed, the legal battles to keep defamatory stories out of papers, substantial bribes offered by papers to her ex-boyfriend and the bombardment of nearly every friend, co-worker and loved one.
Prince William ended his statement by pleading with the press and public to respect Meghan's privacy. Despite all this drama, Markle has hopes for a future together with Harry as she is head over heels for the royal and doing everything she can to make the relationship work. The insider concluded saying It has been an absolute fairy tale for Meghan.