Eminem New Album 2013: 5 Facts To Know About Its Songs, Collaborations & More
As anticipation builds for Eminem's upcoming eighth studio album, those in his circle have revealed some hints in regards to what fans can expect to hear from the rapper.
1. The album will definitely be released sometime in 2013. Paul Rosenberg, the co-founder of Shady Records, said that the rapper is "far into the process" of recording his next album and that "he's been working on it for some time," in a Billboard interview in February. He also confirmed an after Memorial Day release date.
2. The album is going to be way different than any other Eminem album released, according to his good friend and producer Mr. Porter. In June, Mr. Porter, whose real name is Denaun Porter, was asked via Twitter what the new Eminem album will sound like. He answered, "Have not heard anything like it."
3. Alchemist, Eminem's DJ, told MTV in June that the album is "clearly going to further territories." He didn't reveal much else but reassured fans that they won't be disappointed because of "his caliber and what he does."
4. Eminem enlisted comedian Chris Rock for the album. In May, Rock tweeted a photo with the caption, "in the studio with Em don't sleep." Perhaps, the comedian's easily recognizable voice will appear on a track.
5. The rapper has been in the studio with Big Sean and the collaboration could appear on the forthcoming album. Big Sean uploaded a photo in April of himself on Instagram while in the the studio with Eminem, which confirmed that the two were making music together.
"You might get it from my album, you may get it from his album, you may get it a little later," Big Sean told MTV News in a June interview. "We've got to work all that out."
Regardless of which album it will appear on, Big Sean said it will be a "Detroit classic."
Most Popular Eminem News on Enstars:
CREDIT: Instagram/Jaime King