September 20, 2014 | Updated at 02:27 AM EDT The Latest Entertainment & Celebrity News

‘Snooki & JWOWW’ Season 3 News: Residents Try to Ban Snooki, 'Jersey Shore' Star Says 'Absolutely Sick'

By Diana Cooper, EnStars
on Jul 22, 2013 11:33 PM EDT
  • facebook
  • tweettwbox
  • pinit
  • mail
  • print
  • comment
Sign Up for Enstars' Newsletter and never miss out on our most popular stories.
  • Snooki & JWoww
  • Snooki & JWoww pose together. (Photo : Instagram)

Residents in Pelican Island, N.J., the new location for Snooki & JWOWW Season 3, recently gathered to find a way to ban Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi from filming there.

Out of the 140 homes located in the outer section of Berkeley,  40 residents are resisting MTV's attempt to film the Jersey Shore spin-off, according to The Star-Ledger.

Because of the effects from Hurricane Sandy last fall, homes in the bay front community are still recovering from the damage; some houses are even being torn down. "It is crazy to do it here," resident Lori Tyska told USA Today. "Many of us have just moved back to the area or are in the process of trying to get our homes rebuilt."

The residents are arguing that since construction is still ongoing, the film crew and even onlookers would cause traffic problems.

"We have nothing against free enterprise or anything like that, but you have to have concerns about where this is going to take place," another resident, Ed Hoffman, told the Ledger. "It's going to take place in a residential neighborhood and it's going to be overwhelming to the residents."

Last week, Seaside Heights Business Administrator John Camera confirmed that a $25 film permit fee was paid by 495 Productions. "It seems like it is a very small production and we are not looking at much need for security at this point," the permit read.

It seems that the Council President, James Byrnes, is siding with the residents. "We don't even have time for this nonsense," he said. "We don't need another distraction right now."

Snooki took to Twitter to express her anger. She first addressed Byrnes saying they won't be a 'distraction' and then wrote a lengthy note following the residential meeting.

"Un[believe]able how adults are trying to ban my son, fiancé and I from enjoying our summer at the shore. Grow up, get over yourself and move on. This is not how we should be treating one another. Absolutely sick and very sad. I pray for you. There's much bigger things to worry about in life than trying to ban my family from your neighborhood," she said.

Jenni "JWoww" Farley has not yet responded. The two guidettes along with the rest of the Jersey Shore cast did their own part in helping the shore recover following the storm by raising funds, helping clean, donating clothes and taking part in the ribbon-cutting ceremony in May with NJ Governor Chris Christie. 

 

 

© 2014 Enstarz, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Featured Video : Angie Martinez Leaves Hot97 to Join Power 105.1, Chelsea Handler's New Show with Netflix, and Lupita on Vogue in New Entertainment Buzz!
  • facebook
  • tweettwbox
  • pinit
  • mail
  • print
  • comment
Sign Up for our email newsletters

Around The Web

  • Email Newsletter

Featured Videos

Latest News

Real Time Analytics