Lamar Odom's NBA career may be in jeopardy, according to reports.
TMZ reported that the Los Angeles Clippers wanted to sign Odom over the summer after performing well last season, but the team is no longer interested.
A contract has yet to be extended to the basketball player for the 2013-2014 season.
"It's almost Labor Day weekend and players are starting to return to their teams, and Lamar doesn't have a team," a NBA source close to Odom said. "He's gone from making $8.5 million last year to being out of work at this point."
Prior to reports about Odom's alleged drug abuse, both the Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers expressed serious interest in signing him.
People magazine noted that Seth Burton, director of communications for the Los Angeles Clippers, said Odom was off the team's roster since his contract ended on July 1. He is currently a free agent.
Burton confirmed that Antwan Jamison recently reached an agreement with the Clippers which could mean Odom's roster spot is taken.
"Up until about two years ago, Lamar Odom was averaging about 15 points and eight rebounds a game and you know what? You deal with his off-court problems for that. When Lamar Odom averages four points a game, he's not worth the problems," the source said.
Another source revealed that both the Clippers and Lakers don't want to take any chances with Odom.
"He is a major liability and they don't want to take the money risk on an older player on drugs and marital issues. Especially Lamar, who has the whole Kardashian soap opera to deal with as well," the source said.
Odom has yet to respond to the reports.