'Mermaid Body Found' Documentary Claims Government is Hiding Information About Their Existence [VIDEO]
The controversial documentary "Mermaids: The Body Found" claims that the U.S. Government may be involved in a massive cover-up hiding information about the possible survival or existence of mermaids.
The two-hour documentary that aired on Sunday featured the testimony of two government scientists who claim they found the remains of a mermaid, but the evidence was confiscated. In response to this TV special, the U.S. Government has denied the existence of mermaids.
"No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said in a statement in May, following the world premiere of the documentary on May 27 on Animal Planet. The show was aired again this Sunday on Discovery Channel.
Mermaids only exist in the "collective unconscious" of humanity, according to the NOAA statement.
Although the two-hour special questions the cover up, the creators have clearly said the show is pure science fiction and presents evidence that may be confusing for viewers.
For example, an "eyewitness video" which the documentary calls "evidence" (watch below) shows two boys in a beach that use the camera of their cell phone to film the body of a mermaid on the beach. The images look blurry, but the footage takes a huge twist when one of the boys comes closer to it and the mermaid suddenly wakes up screaming and tries to attack him, like a scene in a horror movie.
During its 2-hour run, the documentary blends "evidence" with computer animation relying on several CGI images to recreate how would mermaids look like if they existed, how would they swim, hunt and survive.
The program examines a scientific theory – the aquatic ape theory – which supports the feasible existence of mermaids and that they’ve evolved from apes as we did.
But many viewers were not intrigued by the documentary and many turned to the web to express how disappointed they were about the show.
The documentary questions the following things:
1. Is it possible that apes split off from terrestrial apes millions of years ago (due to coastal flooding) and retreated into the water, evolving into aquatic creatures somewhat related to humans?
2. If human babies instinctively hold their breath when placed under water before they walk – something baby primates can’t do, then Were humans ever capable of having an aquatic state?
3. If dolphins seem to have a unique kinship with humans and possess a learned trait of cooperatively hunting with humans, then. Is it possible dolphins learned to hunt with humans because they have a memory of cooperatively hunting with mermaids, a species that closely resembles us?
4. If new species of whales (the largest sea mammals) have only been detected within the past two decades, then is it possible that we haven’t discovered every creature and that if massive whales haven’t been discovered until recently, it answers why we haven’t been able to detect mermaids yet?
5. If ancient, disparate civilizations have described the mermaid without having any communication with other cultures, then isn’t there a kernel of truth beneath the legend?
Watch the Video of the Boys Below and Leave Your Comments. Do Mermaids Exist?
CREDIT: Instagram/Jaime King