By Shiryn Ghermezian, EnStarz | Aug 22, 2012 03:22 PM EDT
Star magazine reported that famed actor George Clooney, 51, forbad his current girlfriend Stacy Keiber, 32, from competing in the new season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."
A headline in the magazine read, "George Tells Stacy No To Dancing" and according to a source who claimed to be close to the reality television hit, "She wanted to return to the show - but George nixed the idea. He said no."
Like Us on Facebook
Reports suggest that Clooney's decision could have been a result of how upset he felt after "DWTS" producers cast his ex-girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis, last year.
"The only reason [Elisabetta] was on was because she had dated George," the same source told the publication. "He thought it was a cheap publicity stunt, and he's holding a grudge about it."
However, the site Gossip Cop reported on Aug. 22 that a friend of Keibler's told them that the former dancer was never planning on returning to "DWTS," which will host an all-star season this time around.
"Her other projects did not allow for her to shoot the show," the source said.
Keibler is set to host a new Lifetime reality show called "Supermarket Superstars." Her and Clooney have been vacationing for the past few weeks in Italy and they were spotted on Aug. 15 taking a boat ride in Venice, according to E! News. The former professional wrestler was a competitor on the second season of "DWTS," where she came in third.
Copyright © 2013 ENSTARZ.COM All rights reserved.