Kate Middleton Prank Call Receptionist Jacintha Saldanha: Family Issues Statement
An Australian radio station that orchestrated a prank call to the hospital where Kate Middleton was being cared for has suspended the radio hosts that were involved in the incident. The music outlet also removed all of its ads upon the death of Jacintha Saldanha, who was the woman who took the phone call.
Michael Christian and Mel Greig, the hosts on Sydney's 2Day FM, had contacted King Edward VII's Hospital earlier in the week and portrayed Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth, which allowed them to obtain information regarding Kate's pregnancy.
The two were said to be saddened and "shattered" by the nurse's abrupt death, according to NBC News.
The 46-year-old Saldanha, whose body was found in the same hospital on Friday, also transferred Greig and Christian's call to Kate's room.
CEO of the group that owns the radio station Rhys Holleran, announced at a press conference that the show would be temporarily halted.
"Southern Cross Austereo and the hosts have mutually decided that the show will not return until further notice, out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy," he said.
"This is a tragic event, and one that we could never have foreseen," he added.
In a statement given on Saturday, police said that an autopsy would be conducted next week along as well as a formal inquiry looking into her death (an inquest) at Westminster Coroner's Court.
On behalf of the late Saldanha's family, the police released the following message:
"We as a family are deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Jacintha. We would ask that the media respect our privacy at this difficult time."
News of the nurse's death has ignited a slew of outrage, which included a massive amount of harsh comments aimed at the suspended Australian hosts.
Nonetheless, the police are also saying that the details surrounding Saldanha's death are still unknown.
Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Breakup News: Couple Did Split But Now Back Together? he Calls her His 'Muse' [PHOTO]- 1 Photos
Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes in a scene from 'The Place Beyond the Pines.' The couple met on the set of the film in 2011
CREDIT: facebook.com/The Place Beyond the Pines