Jimmy Kimmel: 'Worst Twerk Fail EVER' VIDEO Was Fake & I Was Behind 'Girl Catches Fire' Clip
on Sep 10, 2013 09:18 AM EDT
Jimmy Kimmel revealed on his show Monday night that the viral video titled Worst Twerk Fail EVER was actually a hoax and that he was behind it.
Kimmel interviewed Caitlin Heller from Kansas City, Mo., whose pants caught fire while she was trying to record a video of herself twerking, which she intended to gift to her boyfriend. Heller twerks upside down in the video, standing on her hands with her feet propped up at the door of a room for support. Her roommate abruptly opened the door, causing Heller to lose balance. She falls on a glass table that has lit candles on it and her pants caught on fire. The video ended with Heller and her roommate freaking out.
While interviewing Heller, Kimmel starts by asking her about her yoga pants and why she would upload something that embarrassing. Heller said her friend talked her into it and she didn't expect it to get as popular. Kimmel then inquired about why she didn't put up the entire footage. Kimmel asks she play the "director's cut" and the second footage revealed the talk show host's part in the scheme.
In the video, Kimmel made an entry wearing a pink T-shirt with a fire extinguisher and saved the day. Kimmel went on to reveal that the entire scene was made up, and that they didn't send it to any TV stations and didn't tweet about. Kimmel added that the video was shot two months ago.
"We just put it on YouTube and let the magic happen," he said, adding that the video got 9 million views in less than a week.
He also reveals that Heller's real name is Daphne Avalon and that she is a stunt woman. Kimmel then poked fun at the media and various news channels that didn't catch their bluff.
Watch the "director's cut" below.
Claudia Sampedro Instagram: Fitness Model Wants To Have Late Night Talks In Her Underwear, Shows A Sexually Romantic Side? [PHOTOS, VIDEO]- 1 Photos
Claudia Sampedro Instagram Photo