Lamar Odom Back to NBA? Khloe Kardashian Husband Met League Executives in New York Amid DUI Charge

Close

Despite Lamar Odom's alleged drug addiction and DUI charge, the NBA is willing to give him a second chance. 

Teams like the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers were once interested in the former Sixth Man of the Year, but when his personal problems hit the press, they stepped away from signing him.

Now recent reports indicated that the 33-year-old Queens was supposed to fly to New York on Oct. 9 to meet with NBA executives with a multiple of teams from the East Coast. 

According to TMZ, Odom tested negative for blood and urine tests for drugs and supposedly were going to bring the results with him to New York. 

Odom has been in talks with the league's executives and potentially wants to make a deal. He also planned to visit his family to get away from the "negative energy" surrounding him in LA.

Lamar Odom, Khloe K. Spotted Together

Enstars reported earlier that Seth Burton, director of communications for the Los Angeles Clippers, said Odom was off the team's roster since his contract ended on July 1, making him a free agent. 

"Up until about two years ago, Lamar Odom was averaging about 15 points and eight rebounds a game and you know what? You deal with his off-court problems for that. When Lamar Odom averages four points a game, he's not worth the problems," Burton said.

Another source said that the Clippers and Lakers stepped away from him because he is a major liability. 

"The Lakers & Clippers and any team for that matter in the NBA have stepped away from any deals to have Lamar on the team," the source revealed. "He is a major liability and they don't want to take the money risk on an older player on drugs and marital issues. Especially Lamar, who has the whole Kardashian soap opera to deal with as well."

See Now: Famous Actors Who Turned Down Iconic Movie Roles

© 2018 ENSTARS, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
SEE COMMENT
Real Time Analytics