Rumors about Paul Walker's character being recreated with CGI have been taking over, but they might be very off.
Most recently reports from Movie News Guide, Parent Herald and Crossmap have been adding fuel to the rumors, some reports going as far as to suggest that a spin-off with Walker's CGI created character might be in the works.
But all of these reports are just creating false speculation. In an interview with Variety, NBC Universal Vice-Chairman, Ron Meyer dished about the future of the Fast and Furious franchise.
Meyer also put to rest rumors about the possibility of Paul Walker's character Brian O'Connor being brought back with the help of CGI and body doubles in Fast and Furious 8.
"Paul won't be in it, but he'll be represented in some form or another but whether his image is in it, I can't tell you yet, but he won't be in the film as a performer, as an actor, the way we did it last time," said Meyer. "It will still be 'Fast and Furious,' it will just be without Paul."
Meyer also spoke about how finishing Furious 7 with an artificially created Walker could only have been done with the full support of his family.
"We would never have done this without all of Paul's family agreeing.," said Meyer. "We would not have done it without everybody in the cast agreeing. We took great pains to make sure that before we said, 'yes lets go forward with this film,' we knew that we were doing the right thing. Not only because there was a big investment involved, but because a young man's life had been lost and he had a daughter and friends and family."
Fast and Furious 8 will be released on April 15, 2017.
Furious 7 hit theaters on April 3, 2015.