Obama Speech Live Stream: Watch Live Coverage from Democratic National Convention 2012 in Charlotte
on Sep 06, 2012 10:41 PM EDT
President Barack Obama is speaking at the Democratic National Convention 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina tonight.
He was introduced by First Lady Michelle Obama to whom he gave a long kiss. Obama has accepted the nomination to the Presidential Candidacy.
"But when all is said and done - when you pick up that ballot to vote - you will face the clearest choice of any time in a generation. Over the next few years, big decisions will be made in Washington, on jobs and the economy; taxes and deficits; energy and education; war and peace - decisions that will have a huge impact on our lives and our children's lives for decades to come," Obama said.
Obama also outlined a set of Goals for America tonight on manufacturing, energy, education, national security, and the deficit - a real, achievable plan that will create jobs, expand opportunity, and ensure an economy built to last.
- Create one million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016
- Double exports by the end of 2014
- Cut net oil imports in half by 2020
- Support 600,000 natural gas jobs by the end of the decade
- Cut the growth of college tuition in half over the next 10 years
- Recruit 100,000 math and science teachers over the next 10 years
- Train two million workers for real jobs at community colleges
- Invest in the economy with the money we're no longer spending on war
- Reduce the deficit by more than $4 trillion over the next decade
CREDIT: Film Poster