February 28, 2017 | Updated at 05:53 AM EST The Latest Entertainment & Celebrity News

Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 News, Update: Mi MIX Successor Reportedly In The Works, Confirms CEO [Video]

Xiaomi is reportedly working on the successor to the Mi MIX bezel-less smartphone, as confirmed by CEO and founder Lei Jun. The company is once again working in collaboration with French designer Philippe Stark to develop the Mi MIX 2.

By Harsh Soni, EnStars on Feb 17, 2017 01:01 PM EST
facebook tweet this pin it reddit plus
Sign Up for Newsletter
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi is reportedly working on the successor to the Mi MIX bezel-less smartphone, as confirmed by CEO and founder Lei Jun. The company is once again working in collaboration with French designer Philippe Stark to develop the Mi MIX 2. (Photo : VCG/VCG via Getty Images)

 

It seems like Xiaomi has started working on the successor to the Mi MIX. Xiaomi CEO and Founder Lei Jun took to Chinese social networking site Weibo to confirm the arrival of the upcoming bezel-less phone. He has confirmed that the company is already working on the second-generation of the Mi MIX smartphone dubbed as Xiaomi Mi MIX 2.

Xiaomi's CEO has said that designer Phillipe Starck, who had previously worked on the original Mi Mix, will be collaborating again with the company on a new phone.  Weibo post has revealed that the Chinese company is once again working with French designer Philippe Stark to develop the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2. Further, Jun also said that Stark has come up with ideas for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2and now, both the parties are exploring ways to bring the idea into reality.

According to Gizmo China, unfortunately, Lei Jun hasn't shared any timeline for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 launch on 2017, but we can expect it in the second half of the year. The Chinese company has unveiled the Mi MIX in October last year and introduced a White version of the smartphone at Consumer Electronic Show 2017 earlier this year.

Based on preliminary leaks, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 could feature a thinner bezel with a screen-to-body ratio of up to 93 percent, NDTV reported. Xiaomi initially launched the Mi MIX as a concept phone to showcase its vision for the next-generation mobile device. The handset's front panel has almost entirely of a 6.4-inch display, 2040 x 1080 pixels. In fact, the phone has a whopping 91.3 per cent screen-to-body ratio, which makes the phone bezel-less in nature.

Apart from the bezel-less display, Mi MIX also featured a ceramic body, which was another highlight of the device. The device also came with piezoelectric acoustic ceramic earpiece speaker, as well as the ultrasonic proximity sensor more willingly than the traditional front-facing infrared sensor.

The successor Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is said to come in the second half of this year, most probably in October as its predecessor was also launched in October only. The device will hopefully pack the latest chipset and will have killer specs as compared to its previous version i.e. Xiaomi Mi MIX.

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Enstarz, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

  • SEARCH ENSTARS

Latest News

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Beyonce and Jay Z: Seek Lavish Nursery And Large Mansion For Twins

Beyonce and Jay Z, who are looking forward to parenting their twins soon, are eager to build a million-dollar nursery.

Katherine Heigl

Katherine Heigl's 'Doubt' Got Knocked Off After Second Episode On Prime Time TV

Katherine Heigl's latest TV show, "Doubt" has been discontinued.

2015 Summer TCA Tour - Day 1

'Longmire' Season 6 Cancellation: Cast To Begin Filming Sixth & Final Season, Decline In Viewership The Reason For Cancellation?

"Longmire" Season 6 will be the last episode of the contemporary crime drama series on Netflix.

Legends of Tomorrow

'Legends Of Tomorrow' Season 2 Spoilers: Promo Images For Episode 13 Released; Legends To Face A Dinosaur [VIDEO]

Revealed in the closing part of the previous episode of "Legends Of Tomorrow" season 2 was Gideon, actually programmed secretly to be loyal to Rip Hunter.

'Southpaw' New York Premiere - Inside Arrivals

Eminem Third Headliner at Reading and Leeds Festival, Announces Festival Founder, Melvin Benn

Eminem will back on the stage in August as Melvin Benn has announced that the rapper would be the third and final headliner at the Reading and Leeds Festival.

Real Time Analytics