Angus T. Jones: Moonves, CBS CEO, Calls Controversy 'A Piece Of Cake'

CBS CEO Les Mooves said the controversy surrounding Angus T. Jones' comments about the television series "Two and a Half Men" has been a breeze for the network to deal with in comparison to what it went through with Charlie Sheen.

Though Jones followed up his comments (where he said the show is "filth" and encouraged viewers to stop watching it) with a public apology last week, Mooves said the company is surprised with the the 19-year-old's behavior. 

"We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old and it seems to be what happens with child stars over the course of time," Moonves said at a breakfast hosted by the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday. "He's now making over $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid."  

Mooves also talked about the actor's future on the show, after seeing Charlie Sheen get fired in 2011 for ranting against the show's producers, and then get replaced by Ashton Kutcher.

"I don't know what our status is with him," he added. " [But] after going through what we went through with Charlie Sheen, it's been a piece of cake." 

Jones' character, Jake Harper, recently joined the Army and has not appeared much in the show's current season. "Two and a Half Men" is its 10th season with Kutcher in the lead role. 

In a video interview for the Forerunner Christian Church, Jones bashed "Two and a Half Men" and even denounced his television character by name. Though he later apologized - saying he has "the highest regard and respect" for the people whom he has worked with on the show - Sheen, 47, saw it as an opportunity to help a friend out and offered him a job on his FX comedy series.  

See Now: Famous Actors Who Turned Down Iconic Movie Roles

© 2021 ENSTARS, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
SEE COMMENT
Real Time Analytics