Lindsay Lohan was set to give a high-profile interview to television legend Barbara Walters this week, but the most recent round of trouble for Lohan has put the brakes on the sit-down.
Lohan had agreed to an interview with Walters for ABC's "20/20," but Deadline reported on Thursday that Lohan's new press representatives cancelled the appearance because they didn't like the direction the interview was headed.
The 26-year-old actress hired Hollywood public relations firm Rogers & Cowan to represent her after her old publicist, Steve Honig, dropped her as a client late last month. Rogers & Cowan decided to call off the interview with Walters because of Lohan's latest legal trouble, including allegations that she lied to police during a car accident on the Pacific Coast Highway this summer.
When Walters' producers said they wanted to include questions about the car crash during the interview with Lohan, her management team called it off, TMZ reported.
"In the past week, producers made it clear to Lohan that Barbara wanted to talk about her personal life as well ... including allegations that she lied to police about the June car crash on Pacific Coast Highway," the TMZ report said. "We're told Lindsay's new PR team, Rogers & Cowan, felt it would be a mistake to put Lindsay in the hot seat ... where she could possibly say something that could screw up her case ... so they pulled the plug."
The "20/20" interview was set to air Nov. 16, and The Daily Mail reported that Walters had already done some work with Lohan for the show, including visiting her on the set of her upcoming Lifetime film "Liz and Dick," a biopic about the late Elizabeth Taylor and her lifelong lover Richard Burton.