Facts have been revealed about the suspected Orlando shooter.
On Sunday, ABC posted details about Omar Mateen who is believed to be the gunman who killed 50 people and injured 53 others at the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando late Saturday night. Mateen was shot dead during the massacre.
- He has been "on the radar" of U.S. security officials for a few years although he was not the target of a specific investigation.
- His ex-wife claims he was "not a stable person." She said he would come home and "beat" her over little things like laundry not being finished.
- He and his ex-wife apparently met online eight years ago and she moved to Florida to marry him.
- He reportedly worked for security firm GS4 since 2007.
- He was born in New York, but lived in an apartment about 100 miles from Orlando.
- His parents are from Afghanistan.
- Officials say he had two firearm licenses.
- He had an associates degree in criminal justice.
According to Daily Mail, Mateen not only allegedly killed members in the club, but he also took hostages. Police reportedly used an explosive device to distract him where about 30 people were rescued.
Mateen's father, Mir Seddique, claims his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami several months ago.
"This has nothing to do with religion," he said. "We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."
Two of the victims in the Orlando shooting have been identified-- Stanley Almodovar III from Clermont, Florida and Edward Stotomayor Jr of Sarasota, Florida.
More details on the incident will be released soon.