Joseph Duggar is asking a Florida judge to change parts of the no-contact order tied to his pretrial release, according to new court filings. His lawyer says the restrictions are preventing him from caring for several properties and keeping in touch with his children.

A motion filed by attorney Albert J. Sauline III requests a second modification to the court order. The filing argues that Duggar should once again be allowed to visit several land parcels he owns because the alleged victim and her family no longer live near those properties.

The court order currently bars Duggar from entering six properties because they are close to the residence where the alleged victim had been staying with family members. However, the motion states that the family "have abandoned their residence, no longer residing at the previously listed address." Because of the restriction, Duggar has reportedly been unable to maintain the properties.

According to People, the filing says he cannot complete tasks such as mowing grass, landscaping, painting, making repairs, or removing "an old dilapidated shed and its contents."

Joseph Duggar Seeks Court Exception

The request comes just days after Duggar filed another motion asking the court to ease a separate rule that bans him from unsupervised contact with anyone under 18. His legal team is seeking an exception for his own children.

According to the filing, Duggar has not been able to communicate with his biological children since his first court appearance in Florida on March 31. The motion also noted that the separation began even earlier after Duggar and his wife, Kendra Duggar, were arrested in Arkansas on unrelated charges, Yahoo reported.

Kendra later reunited with the children in mid-April, but the motion claims the current restrictions are "creating a hardship for the family unit."

Duggar's attorney told sources that both motions are expected to be argued in court on June 20.

Duggar is currently facing two charges of lewd and lascivious behavior in Florida. He was released from jail after posting a $600,000 bond.

In Arkansas, he and Kendra are also facing four counts of endangering the welfare of a minor in the second degree and four counts of false imprisonment in the second degree.

Tags
Duggar