Dancing With the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet has officially been fired from the show, according to new reports.
Burke-Charvet told E! Online Friday that she would not be returning to Dancing With the Stars for its upcoming 18th season. She has co-hosted Dancing With the Stars since season 10 and said that this firing was a huge surprise to her.
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," the co-host said in a statement. "I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet won Dancing With the Stars as a contestant with partner Derek Hough in season 7. Executive producer Conrad Green acknowledged her long history with the show but confirmed that they would be moving forward without her.
It is unknown if the 42-year-old former model is being replaced by a new co-host or if Tom Bergeron will be the sole host of Dancing With the Stars moving forward.
The firing of Burke-Charvet comes weeks after producers fired the show's longtime bandleader Harold Wheeler. The new band is reportedly being replaced by a smaller group of musicians led by Ray Chew.
Dancing With the Stars season 18 premieres Monday, March 17 at 8 p.m. on ABC.