Kathryn Edwards shared some devastating news with fans this morning.
In her weekly blog for Bravo, the newest member of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast revealed she recently lost her 21-year-old nephew to a drug overdose.
"I am very sad to start my blog off with having to say that I lost my nephew a week ago today," Edwards wrote in her Bravo blog on Wednesday. "His name was Cooper, he had just turned 21 years old. I won't get into all of the details but suffice to say that my family is beyond devastated. What I will share with you is this: Cooper was experimenting with drugs...he died of a drug overdose. No one knew that he was in that dark of a place. We knew that he had been screwing up...not going to school, missing work and not acting responsibly."
"His girlfriend of two years had no idea it was this bad, his father (my brother) had no idea," Edwards continued.
"My purpose in sharing this news with you is this: I want everyone who reads my blog to be aware of what's going on around their loved ones, their friends and their social circles," she explained. "It's not enough to tell someone 'to get their act together' or 'to figure it out.' People who are lost aren't able to see their way out or have the tools to navigate."
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season six airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Bravo.