'Orange is the New Black' Cast News 2014; Leading Ladies Taylor Schilling, Laura Prepon and Uzo Adubo Prove They Clean Up Nice on Red Carpet at 2014 Emmys
The cast of "Orange is the New Black" brought a whole new meaning to the phrase 'dressed to kill' on the red carpet at the 2014 Emmys. Though most audiences know them without make up, hair extensions and designer gowns, the lot of the them proved that they clean up nice. The Netflix show may not have any Emmy wins but they do have the memories of looking great.
While they are on set in prison, the cast is not allowed to wear extra make up or have their hair done on a regular basis (besides Laverne Cox's character, Sophia). Unlike most actresses on successful TV shows, these actresses don't have much need for a glam squad.
To get the effect of their full transformations, Enstars gathered the before and after looks' of a few of the shows' leading actresses as fans prepare for season 3. From criminals to looking so good it should be a crime, see how the cast of 'Orange is the New Black' looks on the carpet vs. on the camera.
1. Thank goodness green and teal are more her colors than Alex's boring tan. Laura Prepon showed off without her glasses and a tousled up-do.
2. Instead of having to wear Sophia's drab jail uniform, Laverne Cox was princess pretty in a regal, all-white Marc Bouwer gown. Though, technically, her character is always the most put together on the show.
3. Taystee's bubbly personality shined through as Danielle Brooks walked the red carpet in a curve-hugging, all white Nathaniel Paul gown.
4. Daya and Dascha share the same sweet dispostion, but after Daya's appearance at the Emmys, it's evident that she is much more bold and sexy off set.
5. Natasha Lyonne kept her look simple and classic in a navy blue, fitted lace dress. Was she channeling her rebellious character Nicky by not going floor-length? Hmmmm....
6. OITNB's main character, Piper, was all smiles outside of her orange jump suit on the red carpet, though Taylor Schilling's hair was slighty similar to her jail-do.
7. Poussey stunned in a bright yellow gown, proving that Samira Wiley can literally wear anything and look great.
8. Much like her Christ-loving character, Taryn Manning looks amazing when she uses all her teeth to smile. Luckily, she never lost hers and looks great in a gold ensemble.
All of the ladies looked amazing. Who had your favorite look? Comment in the space, below.