Warner Bros and TT Games have released a Steam Early Access version of LEGO Worlds, a Minecraft-style sandbox creation game.
Using the ever-popular block toys, players can create and edit their own worlds, constructing any building and structure imaginable. The trailer below showcases an extensive library of block types and colors, as well as several tools to alter the landscape as you see fit.
The title launched in Early Access on Steam, where you can buy it at a reduced price while the game is still in development. Regular updates will be released, with buyers given the full game at launch-until then, you'll be playing a work-in-progress. LEGO Worlds Early Access is available at Steam's store for $14.99.
Like Minecraft, the landscapes you use as a canvas are procedurally generated, meaning the computer creates a new, somewhat randomized world each time you start a new file. LEGO Worlds offers character customization, pre-built structures, vehicles and weapons. Here is the full feature rundown, straight from the developers:
- Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
- Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
- Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
- Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
- Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
- Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
- Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
- Export your creations and save them to use again.