The Twin Peaks original soundtrack vinyl officially has a release date!
After years of waiting, fans will finally be able to get their hands on the soundtrack to Twin Peaks on vinyl. The record, produced by Death Waltz Recording Company, will be released Wednesday online and Sept. 9 in stores worldwide, according to WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com.
The record has a special gatefold sleeve which comes in a bespoke die cut outer jacket, which has a subtle white spot varnish. The sleeve features a photo of those haunting Twin Peaks trees. The vinyl record itself is pressed in a coffee brown, with some splatters of white, yellow and red, to represent "damn fine coffee", a line repeated by Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) throughout the series.
The original soundtrack was released in conjunction with the cult TV show in Sept. 1990, featuring composer Angelo Badalamenti's gorgeous themes and torch singer Julee Cruise's beautiful ballads.
"I'm glad that after 25 years, Death Waltz Recording Company has re-released the original soundtrack for Twin Peaks for a new audience to enjoy. This is my defining work as a composer and I'm happy it will get a fresh listen," Badalamenti said in a statement.
The tracklist is as follows:
- "Twin Peaks Theme" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Laura Palmer's Theme" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Audrey's Dance" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "The Nightingale" (vocal by Cruise)
- "Freshly Squeezed" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "The Bookhouse Boys" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Into the Night" (vocal by Cruise)
- "Night Life in Twin Peaks" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Dance of the Dream Man" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Love Theme from Twin Peaks" (instrumental by Badalamenti)
- "Falling" (vocal by Cruise)
This vinyl is coming along as longtime Twin Peaks fans eagerly anticipate the show's 2017 revival. Series co-creators David Lynch and Mark Frost have produced 18 new episodes of the iconic but short-lived series, with most of the original cast returning to their roles, including MacLachlan as Dale Cooper, Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne, and Madchen Amick as Shelly Johnson.
The revival season of Twin Peaks is expected to air in summer 2017.