Actress Amanda Bynes is allegedly facing two misdemeanor hit-and-run charges. The 26-year-old is said to have been involved in the controversial incidents on April 10 and Aug. 4.
The LAPD's Valley Traffic Division investigated the Aug. 4 incident on Ventura Boulevard, in which a driver stated that a car driven by Bynes rear-ended her Toyota, causing damage to it. The motorist also claimed that Bynes only stopped briefly, to say there was no damage, and then drove off.
According to CNN, the two respective charges include another occurrence: on April 6, Bynes was incarcerated on suspicion of driving under the influence after she struck a police officer's car. She reportedly pleaded not guilty in that case.
If Bynes is convicted of the hit-and-run charges, the former Nickelodeon standout could receive a maximum sentence of nearly six months behind bars and/or a $1,000 fine for each of the counts. The charges were filed on Sept. 4 and Bynes is due to appear in Van Nuys Superior Court on Sept. 27.
The representatives of Bynes have not immediately responded to CNN's request for comments.
According to People, Rick Bynes, the father of the troubled star, claimed on April 9 that his daughter had not been drinking in regards to her April reprimandment.
"She was not drunk. I was told that she blew a zero on the Breathalyzer. She didn't have a single drink that night...My daughter doesn't drink," he said.
Rick stated that the police officer who arrested Bynes should have been at fault for driving out in front of the actress while she was turning at a West Hollywood intersection.
The dad also insisted that his daughter was not intoxicated and had been taken to jail because "she was upset and very emotional." Rick stated that he feels as though his daughter is "a good girl. She chooses not to work, and because of that, people go after her," according to the site.