Earlier today, the nominations for the 84th Academy Awards were released-and one name seemed to be omitted from the best supporting actor category-Albert Brooks. The actor was nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in 'Drive,' and jokingly tweeted about this Oscar snub this afternoon:
"I got ROBBED. I don't mean the Oscars, I mean literally. My pants and shoes have been stolen."
Later saying, "And to the Academy: 'You don't like me. You really don't like me,'" ironically quoting Sally Field's infamous acceptance speech.
Hey, there's always next year Al!
Other performances not acknowledged, but considered worthy include:
- Tilda Swinton in "We Need to Talk About Kevin"
- David Finchner for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
- Ryan Gosling in "Drive"
- Michael Fassbender in "Shame"
- Kirsten Dunst in "Melancholia"
- Jodi Foster and Kate Winslet in "Carnage"