Orlando Shooting Update: President Obama Says Nightclub Massacre Was An 'Act Of Terror' [VIDEO]

President Obama has responded to the Orlando shooting.

Late Saturday night, a gunman reportedly entered the Pulse Orlando gay nightclub where 50 people got killed. According to Sunday's post from ABC, this is being labeled as the "worst ever mass shooting on American soil."

President Obama described this massacre as an "act of terror" while giving his support on the victims and their loved ones.

"We stand with the people of Orlando who have endured a terrible attack on their city," he said. "This could have been any one of our cities."

Earlier this week, the president of the United States pointed out how members of the LGBT community continue to face such awful terror all over the world.

"We've got work to do when LGBT people around the world still face incredible isolation and poverty and persecution and violence, and even death," he said. "We have work to make sure that every single child, no matter who they are or where they come from or what they look like or how they live, feels welcomed and valued and loved."

While 50 people were killed, another 53 were injured, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The shooter has been identified as Omar Mir Seddique Mateen.

He reportedly had an assault-type rifle and a handgun. He shot fire in the crowd before being gunned down dead by the SWAT officers.

Mateen allegedly claimed credit for the shooting in a call to 911 pledging allegiance to ISIS.

Obama gave more details on how tragic the situation truly is.

"We know enough to say this is an act of terror and an act of hate," he said in a speech. "We are united in grief and resolve to defend our people."

See Now: Famous Actors Who Turned Down Iconic Movie Roles

© 2020 ENSTARS, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
SEE COMMENT
Real Time Analytics