Apple users who have been waiting for the update on the iOS 10 jailbreak tool can now finally download the one that Luca Todesco promised of a week ago.
The Italian hacker iOS jailbreak developer was able to successfully develop a jailbreak tool despite of the reports which said that, Apple's latest operating system is difficult to penetrate.
According to the reports, Todesco released to the public for the first time ever an iOS 10.1/10.1.1 jailbreak called yalu + mach_portal. The tool is now available for use for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPad Pro.
Jailbreak tool is currently limited to these devices and firmwares versions can be jailbroken with the tool include the iOS 10.1 and iOS 10.1.1 for the iPhone 7. The iPhone 6s and iPad Pro, all versions prior to the iOS 10.2 are supported.
Apple users must note that the newly released iOS 10 jailbreak tool is a semi-untethered jailbreak that means that they will have to re-jailbreak their device every time they reboot.
And while its unfortunate news to hear that the tool is limited to particular devices, users whose model is not included in the list can still hope for the more tool in the future, reports WccFtech.
For the installation of this tool you need to have the prerequisites, aside from the selected devices, are Yalu IPA file and Cydia Impactor which is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. An iTunes must be installed on the user's PC or Mac. Furthermore, the Touch ID and Passcode must be disabled in your Apple device.
Now for the installation just follow the steps listed below-
1. Connect iPhone or iPad to your Windows, Mac, or Linux-based computer via USB.
2. Launch Cydia Impactor.
3. Find the Yula IPA file and drag in onto Cydia.
4. You will now be prompted to enter your Apple ID and Password; enter them and click OK.
5. Cydia Impactor installs the jailbreak app onto your iPad or iPhone.
6. When completed, detach your iOS device from the computer and go to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management.
7. Once there, look for iOS Beta Software Profile and tap Trust and finally, Trust one more time when the certificate appears.
8. Navigate to the Home Screen of your device. Look for the Mach_Portal app and tap it.
Once it has finished doing its job, you will see Cydia Impactor on your Home Screen. When it's there, you have successfully jailbroken your device.