There have been a host of behind the camera issues for Marvel and one of their next features, but it seems like one of their major actors almost backed out once some of the stuff went down. What made her want to return?
Evangeline Lilly is set for a role in Marvel's Ant-Man, but the actress told InnerSpace last week that it was a tough decision to re-join the cast after director Edgar Wright left until new director Peyton Reed talked with her.
"When they got rid of -- or, not got rid of, but when Edgar [Wright] and Marvel decided to part ways, I was nervous and I kind of held off on signing my contract because I wanted to see what would happen," she said.
"I met Peyton [Reed] and I was convinced that I was going to do the project. And then actually doing it with him, he has such impeccable taste, he's so collaborative, he's so much fun, he's so deep into the comic book world -- always has been, all his life -- and really knows the genre. I have no doubt that the film is going to be incredible. I think it's going to be one of Marvel's best."
With Wright's departure, there were a lot of questions around whether the main actors (Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, and Lilly) would return since they had signed on to work with the director, but it seems like Reed has swayed them his way as production concluded recently.
Ant-Man is expected to hit theaters on July 17, 2015.
See the full interview below.