The blame continues to be passed back and forth between Mariah Carey's team and Dick Clark Productions for the singer's epic snafu on New Year's Eve.
Carey's team and reps for Dick Clark Productions are each trying to absolve themselves of responsibility for the singer not being able to hear the music during her performance in Times Square on New Year's Eve.
There were claims that Carey "had ample time to rehearse and chose not to," leading to her cringeworthy performance, but now, a rep for Carey is fighting back.
"She went through vocals and her team ran through sound. All was well at rehearsal. She was prompt for rehearsal and her performance," the rep told People in a new report.
This, in addition to footage of Carey rehearsing at sound check (acquired by TMZ) seems to suggest that she did indeed rehearse, but another source told the publication that the sound from her earpiece was "choppy."
While Carey's team has gone so far as to claim Dick Clark Productions sabotaged her for higher ratings, the company has been dishing it right back.
"To suggest that DCP... would ever intentionally compromise the success of any artist is defamatory, outrageous and frankly absurd," a rep for Dick Clark Productions said in a statement. "In very rare instances, there are, of course, technical errors that can occur with live television, however, an initial investigation has indicated that DCP had no involvement in the challenges associated with Ms. Carey's New Year's Eve performance."
For now, Carey seems to be taking the controversy in stride, at least on social media. This was her only tweet about the incident:
Shit happens Have a happy and healthy new year everybody! Here's to making more headlines in 2017 pic.twitter.com/0Td8se57jr
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) January 1, 2017