When someone enters a time of crisis, people always look for a beacon of hope. For Logan Paul, he might have found a powerful ally.
Enter YouTube CEO
That powerful ally might be YouTube's chief executive officer Susan Wojcicki. On Monday, Feb. 12, the video streaming service's executive leader spoke about Paul's plight at a California web conference.
"We want to be consistent. When someone violates our policies three times, we terminate. We terminate accounts all the time," said Wojcicki to USA Today.
Wojcicki also stated that Paul had not done anything consistent to earn those three strikes. She also told CNBC that YouTube looks very carefully at video content that is distasteful and violates company policy.
Temporarily Removing The Advertisements
Wojcicki's statements come days after the video-streaming service decided to take down all advertisements on Paul's official YouTube channel temporarily.
"After careful consideration, we have decided to temporarily suspend ads on Logan Paul's YouTube channels. This is not a decision we made lightly, however, we believe he has exhibited a pattern of behavior in his videos that makes his channels not only unsuitable for advertisers but also potentially damaging to the boarder creator community," a YouTube spokesperson previously told Enstars.
YouTube believed that Paul's brand became toxic to potential partners and his actions have made the YouTube creator's community vulnerable. The website decided to temporarily remove Paul's advertisement revenue after he raised eyebrows when he was encouraging his followers to tackle the Tide Pod Challenge and tasered two deceased rats.
Logan Paul Speaks Out
Days before YouTube decided to eliminate his advertisement revenue temporarily, Paul spoke to Good Morning America. Paul sat down with Michael Strahan to talk about his controversial Aokigahara upload. The embattled YouTube sensation stated that his crew originally planned to go to the Japanese forest to camp, but that they found a deceased body of a suicide victim instead.
Paul uploaded onto his YouTube channel was met with fiery condemnation from celebrities, fans, and vloggers. But Paul told Good Morning America that he found a silver lining in the controversy.
"I believe that it happened for a reason. That reason was that I could take this experience, learn from it, and spread the message the right way about suicide prevention and suicide awareness," said Paul.
On Jan. 24, Paul posted a video that showcased his new mission to expand the conversation in regard to suicide prevention. The YouTube sensation also stated that he would be donating $1 million to various suicide prevention organizations.
Enstars reached out to both YouTube and Logan Paul for comments.