Angelina Jolie submitted and fully-cooperated to be interviewed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for four hours regarding ex-husband, Brad Pitt's alleged verbal and physical abuse towards son Maddox while on board a private plane on September 15, the incident said to be the root cause of the Brangelina's divorce.
"The agents wanted a breakdown of everything that happened from when the plane took off to when it landed. They're looking into charges of assault," an insider revealed regarding the interview that took place in Angelina's place in Malibu, as reported by US Weekly.
Aside from the Maleficent star, the FBI has also interviewed possible witnesses, an action that may lengthen the period of the investigation while the Allied actor will be investigated next year.
Earlier on Tuesday this week, the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) conducted its own extended interviews among members close to the Jolie-Pitt household. The interview is supposed to end on October 20 but as one source said, the investigation may not have a definite deadline yet and will remain 'open-ended' and 'in a holding pattern.'
As cited in AOL, a source said, "They're looking for a history or pattern of behavior. They are looking at the original inciting incident and anything surrounding that, and looking at any relevant history."
The ex-couple has been following, for the meantime, their agreed parenting arrangements with the 41-year old actress given full custody with their six kids and Brad granted visitation rights. The Big Short actor is seeking join custody but has not forced the petition for now as it may result in a bitter court battle.
"It's a very sad situation for everyone. He's disgusted but she's worried about the safety of their kids around him," a source said.
Meanwhile, another report said that Brad Pitt is 'disgusted' with how Angelina Jolie handled the aftermath of their divorce.